Click Here to Open or Save as a Microsoft Word Document
Life’s Most Important Question…
Must I Do To Be Saved?
Text - Acts 16:30-34
Most Important Question Anyone Can Ask!
How do I become rich, or famous, or extend my life a few years on earth, etc
BUT most importantly
1. WHAT? - There is something, for me to do,
Matt. 7:21‑24; John 8:31‑32; Luke 6:46 (Why me Lord and do NOT...?).
2. MUST? - What MUST I do? Not could do, should do or can I
do, strongest word MUST.
3. I? - Individual action. God has done what He will do,
sent His Son. Jesus has gone to the cross to shed His blood, paying in full for
the penalty of our sins. The Holy Spirit has revealed this truth to us. NOW it is our decision! Now is the day of our
salvation, II Cor. 6:2.
“So each of us
shall give an account unto God.” Rom. 14:12.
4. DO? Jesus said there is something we must DO. Matt. 7:21-23;
John 8:32-32; I John 1:7.
5. TO BE SAVED??
Matthew 26:28; James 5: John 3:16; Luke 19:10; Matt. 1:21, 23. See
Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; Acts 22:16.
Bible Answer to this question. (“Do” is used in reference to salvation):
1. to Rich young ruler (under
the Law of Moses, Matt. 19:16, 17-22)
What must I DO?
—keep the commandments (LAW), then go and sell possessions and follow
2. to Jews on Pentecost (Acts
What must we DO?
—repent and be baptized
3. to Philippian Jailer and
family (Acts 16:30-34),
“What must I DO to be saved?”
—believe, repentance and baptism
4. to Saul, told what he must DO (Acts 9:6)
—be baptized and wash away sins, Acts 22:16.
ADD it up, Ps. 119:160; all scripture II Tim.
1. Hearing the word of God,
2. Believing in Jesus as Lord
and God, John 3:16; John 20:28.
3. Repenting of sins, Luke
13:3, 5; Acts 17:30-31; Acts 2:38.
4. Confessing Jesus as Lord,
Rom. 10:9 (Acts 8:36-38).
5. Baptism (immersion) for the
forgiveness of sins, Rom. 6:3‑4; Col. 2:12; Acts 2:38; Acts 22:16.
6. Live for the Lord—walk in
the light, I John 1:7; grow in grace and knowledge, II Peter 3:18; Rev. 2:10.
The message is now yours--What
will you do with Jesus? With
You have been taught
1. Obey Jesus now.
2. Share Jesus with the lost.
3. Continue in His word, John
8:31-32; live it every day, I John 1:7!
You must DO
something! See II Peter 1:5-11.
DO IT NOW!